Compiling as library for linux

David Sancho

Hello!

I am a newby on Linux (I used to develop only on windows). I have downloaded version 1.1.0 and the contrib files. I have tried to compile the unix library but I have problems with the makefile. I am using Red Hat Enterprise 4. Is there a version of the makefile specific to linux?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Compiling as library for linux

Christiaan Simons

lwip-users-bounces+christiaan.simons=[hidden email] wrote on 07-11-2005
16:20:39:

> I am a newby on Linux (I used to develop only on windows). I have
> downloaded version 1.1.0 and the contrib files.

Please note the contrib tar could well be out-of-sync with the lwip tar.
The versioning of contrib is a bit lame.

The best thing you could do is to try anonymous CVS access,
then you get my latest contrib/ports/unix fixes as well.

The CVS access is well explained on the savannah pages in the lwip/doc/
I will have a look if the contrib tar can be added/updated.

> I have tried to compile the unix library but I have problems with the
makefile.

Can you be more specific about which errors you get?

> I am using Red Hat Enterprise 4. Is there a version of the makefile
> specific to linux?

Nope. Do not forget to set ARCH=linux. Maybe there are some changes
regarding the tapif, since it was probably written for a 2.4 kernel.
I don't know if it builds on a 2.6 system.

Bye,

Christiaan Simons

Hardware / Software Engineer
Axon Digital Design

+31 (0)13 511 66 66
+31 (0)13 511 41 51

http://www.axon.tv

individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not