Custom Ethernet-MAC drivers

S Mahadevappa,
	Electrical & Electronic Engineering

Dear All,

I'm trying to develop my own Ethernet-MAC and wants to interface with lwIP
and Xilinx-Kernel for socket based applications.

I've developed "MyEmac.h, MyEmac.c, MyEmac_l.h,MyEmac_l.c, and
MyEmac_intr.c" files, as a driver, for my Ethernet-MAC hardware but,now, I
trying find a way out interface with lwIP.

I guess there must be some sort of adapter to connect custom Ethernet-MAC
drivers with lwIP and Xilinx-Kernel.

I would be grateful if you could give me a clue to progress in further,

Best Regards,
Shiv

Shivakanth Mahadevappa

University of Bristol
Wireless and Networks Research Laboratories,
Merchant Venturers Building,Woodland Road,Bristol,BS8 1UB

Mobile: 07868656963
Fax   : 0117 95 45206
Ph.No : 0117 33 15059/15066
E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Custom Ethernet-MAC drivers

Sathya Thammanur
HI Shiv,
Are you using Xilinx EDK to build liblwip4.a library? If not, then this can be done by writing the Emac adapter along similar lines of what the Xilinx Emac adapter does. The adapter is part of Xilinx EDK release.

Sathya

On 10/26/06, S Mahadevappa, Electrical & Electronic Engineering <[hidden email] > wrote:

[...]

Hi Sathya,

I think  we may have to consider that option (*_adapter.c/h) with Linux as
we progress with our research.

Unfortunately, now, we have to use Xilinx EDK to build liblwip4.a library.
So is there any way we can progress with Xilinx-EDK and lwIP4.a?

Regards,
Shiv.