FW: Using DHCP client to obtain an IP

Kourosh Vorell
Message
Hi everyone,

I have a relatively simple question.  What is the exact sequence of calls for obtaining and IP address/netmask/gateway and initializing the interface using the DHCP client?  I am using Ethernet as my network interface and socket API in a multi-threading RTOS (if that makes a difference).

Thanks,
Kourosh Vorell

Confidentiality Notice.   The information contained in this communication is confidential and/or proprietary business or technical data.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone (604) 472-2300, or electronically by return message, and delete or destroy all copies.

RES: FW: Using DHCP client to obtain an IP

Robson-4
Message

I´d loved to this information tôo...

Re: FW: Using DHCP client to obtain an IP

Christiaan Simons

> I have a relatively simple question.  What is the exact sequence of
> calls for obtaining and IP address/netmask/gateway and initializing
> the interface using the DHCP client?  I am using Ethernet as my
> network interface and socket API in a multi-threading RTOS (if that
> makes a difference).

Please have a look at the main_thread of
contrib/ports/unix/proj/unixsim/simhost.c
I do not know if this code is up-to-date, it might require an odd fix.
This is next on my todo list.

It has a lot of conditional code (#if #endif) so it could be possible
some things like the dhcp client do not work out of the box.

Christiaan Simons

Hardware / Software Engineer
Axon Digital Design

+31 (0)13 511 66 66
+31 (0)13 511 41 51

http://www.axon.tv

individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not