HTTP with netconn

Erwan
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the httpserver_netconn from the contrib repo. I can
receive HTTP request and respond back but the response is not right, there
is only data, no IP header ... Does someone have an idea of what is happening ?

TCP is working for sure and DHCP too. I captured this with wireshark:

Re: HTTP with netconn

stuart200471
Hello Erwan,
    I had a quick look at the httpserver_netconn in the contrib repo and
looking at the code, (if it is unchanged) i cant see any reason why it would
not be sending the header.
Is there a particular reason you are using this server in preference to the
httpd server that comes in the stable release?
Cheers.

Re: HTTP with netconn

Erwan
Hello stuart200471,

Thanks for the reply !
I'm using lwip with FreeRTOS (I forgot to mention it in the first place,
sorry ...). I was thinking that using http with netconn was better for this
setup.
I did want a simple case (no filesystem and SSI/CGI) at first but I will
test httpd out since the other doesn't work for me apparently.

Erwan

Re: HTTP with netconn

Am 07.08.2019 um 11:15 schrieb Erwan:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use the httpserver_netconn from the contrib repo. I can
> receive HTTP request and respond back but the response is not right, there
> is only data, no IP header ... Do you have an idea of what is happening ?

Well, the httpserver_netconn is rather meant as an example of how to use
this API, not as a fully working, functional http server. That's also
the reason why it is located in 'contrib', not in 'src/apps'...

Anyway, there's no problem with using the raw API httpd from
src/apps/httpd even if you are using an RTOS.

Re: HTTP with netconn

Erwan
Hi Simon,

I used the http server from 'src/apps', I got the same problem and it was my
fault.
It's because my implementation of ethernetif was wrong, I was sending
pbuffer one by one ...
I fixed it and it works now, thanks for the help !

Erwan.