Help with netconn API for TCP

Sai_chandrahas
Hi,

Could someone please point me to a good example or function sequence for
using netconn API to implement a TCP Server?

For my application, I need to create interfaces for TCP Server to configure
the server and also provide call backs to application process on events in
TCP Server.

Is it possible to figure out the state of my TCP Server connection in the
call back function passed to /netconn_new_with_callback()/ during TCP Server
initialization ?

The passed call back function is invoked with the below events and it is not
clear in the explanation, when each event occurs:

/  NETCONN_EVT_RCVPLUS
  NETCONN_EVT_RCVMINUS
  NETCONN_EVT_SENDPLUS
  NETCONN_EVT_SENDMINUS
  NETCONN_EVT_ERROR/

I am really stuck with this and appreciate any pointers or help.

Thanks,
Sai.

Re: Help with netconn API for TCP

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 31.10.2019 um 18:25 schrieb chandrahas:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone please point me to a good example or function sequence for
> using netconn API to implement a TCP Server?
>
> For my application, I need to create interfaces for TCP Server to configure
> the server and also provide call backs to application process on events in
> TCP Server.
>
> Is it possible to figure out the state of my TCP Server connection in the
> call back function passed to /netconn_new_with_callback()/ during TCP Server
> initialization ?
>
> The passed call back function is invoked with the below events and it is not
> clear in the explanation, when each event occurs:
>
> /  NETCONN_EVT_RCVPLUS
>    NETCONN_EVT_RCVMINUS
>    NETCONN_EVT_SENDPLUS
>    NETCONN_EVT_SENDMINUS
>    NETCONN_EVT_ERROR/
>
> I am really stuck with this and appreciate any pointers or help.

Sorry if the documentation is not clear enough. The best documentation
you can get here is to study the sockets code (the number one user of
netconn API, probably).

And yes, this *should* really be better documented...