IPV6 udp_send() fails when enabling Dual Stack(IPV4 and IPv6) configuration and with multiple interface

IPV6 udp_send() fails when enabling Dual Stack(IPV4 and IPv6) configuration and with multiple interface

aruns
Hi,

In my current project i have enabled Dual Stack (IPv4 and IPv6) with
multiple interfaces.

My query : How to send IPV6 udp packet from the second interface when source
address is 0?
I'm binding the socket with port only.

Trying the below sequence:
        - Add interface-1 to the netif list, bring up interface-1.
        - send and receive the IPv4 and IPv6 packets with interface-1.
        - Bring down interface-1.
        - Add interface-2 to netif list, bring up interface-2.
        - send and receive the IPv4 packets with interface-2.
        - send multicast link-local IPv6 packets with interface-2. udp_send() FAIL,
since ip6_route() returns interface as NULL.

Please give some solution.

Thank you,

--
Sent from: http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/lwip-devel-f11621.html

Re: IPV6 udp_send() fails when enabling Dual Stack(IPV4 and IPv6) configuration and with multiple interface

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 02.03.2020 um 07:08 schrieb cy-arsm:

> Hi,
>
> In my current project i have enabled Dual Stack (IPv4 and IPv6) with
> multiple interfaces.
>
> My query : How to send IPV6 udp packet from the second interface when source
> address is 0?
> I'm binding the socket with port only.
>
> Trying the below sequence:
> - Add interface-1 to the netif list, bring up interface-1.
> - send and receive the IPv4 and IPv6 packets with interface-1.
> - Bring down interface-1.
> - Add interface-2 to netif list, bring up interface-2.
> - send and receive the IPv4 packets with interface-2.
> - send multicast link-local IPv6 packets with interface-2. udp_send() FAIL,
> since ip6_route() returns interface as NULL.
>
> Please give some solution.
>
> Thank you,

Sorry, I haven't found the time to dig into this, yet. To prevent it
getting forgotten, I've filed a bug report for this:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?58103