Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

zulu4711
In my quest for getting lwip running on my system (which seems to be very
stable and running perfectly),
I'm on the lookout for a simple FTP client (only need RETR and STOR).
I have been running with lwftp (https://github.com/gezedo/lwftp) but there
are one major shortcoming in this library.
I have emailed with the author (Laurent) about this and he has not the time
at the moment to work on it (which is totally understandable!)
The problem with the library is that when RETR a file, the "transfer
complete" will arrive before the data channel are finished sending the data.
The lwFTP library will close and cut the file short because of this.
I have been trying to fix this in a simple way, but so far not with much
success...

So, before I start from the ground and try to design my own library, I would
like to ask here if any of you know of any other FTP client (using Raw API)
?

Re: Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

Stephen Cowell

> So, before I start from the ground and try to design my own library, I would
> like to ask here if any of you know of any other FTP client (using Raw API)

We've been happy with FTPS, by Toelke...

https://github.com/toelke/lwip-ftpd

We run bare-metal, it integrates well with lwIP 1.4.1 anyway.
__
Steve
.

Re: Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

Ajay Bhargav (SiWi)

I used the sameā€¦ I believe it should work with latest lwIP also.

-Ajay

> So, before I start from the ground and try to design my own library, I would

> like to ask here if any of you know of any other FTP client (using Raw API)

We've been happy with FTPS, by Toelke...

https://github.com/toelke/lwip-ftpd

We run bare-metal, it integrates well with lwIP 1.4.1 anyway.

__

Steve

.

Re: Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

zulu4711
Thanks for pointers to https://github.com/toelke/lwip-ftpd
Im afraid this is only a FTP _server_ ?

Re: Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

zulu4711
zulu4711 wrote

> Thanks for pointers to https://github.com/toelke/lwip-ftpd
> Im afraid this is only a FTP _server_ ?
> As I wrote, I'm in the need for a FTP client :)
>

> --
> Sent from: http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/lwip-users-f3.html

So, I decided to spend some more time with Laurents code and fixed it so it
can handle the "premature 226" message :)
I'm doing some more testing and then I will send the modified code to
Laurent, maybe he will incorporate it in his library.

Re: Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

Sergio R. Caprile
Laurent used to participate on this list. I collaborated with a (very)
small part of the code, post your suggested/required changes on github
and we can follow up from there.

Re: Looking for FTP client that uses Raw API

zulu4711
Sergio R. Caprile wrote
> Laurent used to participate on this list. I collaborated with a (very)
> small part of the code, post your suggested/required changes on github
> and we can follow up from there.

Sorry Sergio,
I don't do github (yes I know, I'm kinda oldschool ;)
Anyway, I will send the code to Laurent (and also to you if you like?) once
I have it tested and finished