MCU restart after receiving DHCP packet from Router

MCU restart after receiving DHCP packet from Router

lwip-users mailing list
Hi All,

I am using STM32F407 over Ethernet with LwIP stack. I have enabled DHCP to
get ip from router.

My issue is , in some specific network, i am facing issue of STM32F407 gets
reset after 4 sec of Ethernet cable plugged. This strange things happen
every time i plugged Ethernet cable.

I have checked log in Wire-Shark and found that STM32F407 gets reset after
DHCP packet received.

It is not a hardware issue, as with same board Ethernet is working perfectly
in other network, so it should be network related issue.

If anyone have any idea, Please help.

Thanks

Re: MCU restart after receiving DHCP packet from Router

mikes603
Well it's unlikely that LWIP itself is directly causing issue. You'll have to do some more isolation work to see what your problem follows exactly beyond a DHCP reply event.

Check your pin config for that MCU. You might not have the Drive Strength or pull-ups setup correctly to meet the needs of all physical scenarios for your PHY.

Look into stack and heap usage. If they are running into each other you could throw an Assert and reboot your MCU.

Do you have callbacks to handle interface up/down events? Take a look at those if so.

/Random LWIP User