MQTT using lwip/pppos secure communication

MQTT using lwip/pppos secure communication

john vargh
Hello,

I am using NXP micro, with LWIP version 2.1.2
I have successfully established the MQTT communication with Mosquitto server.

Now, I want to communicate with Amazon server, using secure MQTT.
I want to know the basic steps OR which calls to use to INIT the process.
[ client & server handshake with certs.]

Any one as tried, just need to know the which calls to be used to get started.

MQTT_DO_CONNECT...

Thomas

Re: MQTT using lwip/pppos secure communication

Giuseppe Modugno
Hello Thomas,

I actually involved in a project similar to yours: NXP MCU (LPC1768)
that connects to AWS IoT Core through MQTT over TLS.

It is complex, in my case because of limited RAM (only internal
32k+32kB). I hope you have more space.

Anyway I was able to connect to AWS including lwip and mbedTLS and fine
tuning some configuration parameters, mainly the dimensions of buffers.

You have to create a device in AWS and create certificates that you must
include in your project. The problem here is the cryptography. Read
here[1] how to create and use EC-based certificates that use much less
RAM space.

Other improvementes in RAM usage can be obtained with some mbedTLS
configurations. An hint: grab mbedTLS directly from git.

Does your application make a connection with AWS only?

[1]
https://aws.amazon.com/it/blogs/iot/elliptic-curve-cryptography-and-forward-secrecy-support-in-aws-iot-3/