New to LwIp - a few questions for a new exotic port

New to LwIp - a few questions for a new exotic port

Ivan Warren
Please disregard the previous post...

It was just me being lazy as to how to use cmake...

--Ivan

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New to LwIp - a few questions for a new exotic port

Sergio R. Caprile
I fail to see where the problem is.
lwIP does not require an OS, as long as you can compile C code you are fine.
A port is basically what you described, you write your driver, you read
this:
http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/group__sys__layer.html
you modify architecture dependent files, and you put them in arch/; see
how others did it in the 'contrib' tree:
contrib/ports/freertos/include/arch
contrib/ports/win32/include/arch
contrib/ports/unix/port/include/arch
if you want to see how it is done for bare metal, then get a port for a
Cortex-M, search the wiki or look me up, there is one (old) in my webpage.

Le 10/26/2018 à 3:36 PM, Sergio R. Caprile a écrit :

> I fail to see where the problem is.
> lwIP does not require an OS, as long as you can compile C code you are fine.
> A port is basically what you described, you write your driver, you read
> this:
> http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/group__sys__layer.html
> you modify architecture dependent files, and you put them in arch/; see
> how others did it in the 'contrib' tree:
> contrib/ports/freertos/include/arch
> contrib/ports/win32/include/arch
> contrib/ports/unix/port/include/arch
> if you want to see how it is done for bare metal, then get a port for a
> Cortex-M, search the wiki or look me up, there is one (old) in my webpage.

Sergio,

My issue was with CMAKE, how to create the necessary build CMAKE
instructions files in a port that is NOT within the stock LWIP source tree.

But I figured it out