PPPos does not detect modem disconnection

PPPos does not detect modem disconnection

vinimac
Hi all,

I am simulating a signal loss by removing the antenna from the modem and it
keep sending packets to a server using TCP socket. After remove the antenna,
the function send wont fail() and error number is not set too.

I was expecting TCP layer to detect the lack of TCP ACK or PPP should have
some timeout?

I am running Lwip 2.0 from ESP32 SDK.
/*************************/
HISTORY
(git master)
  ++ New features:
  2016-02-22: Ivan Delamer:
  * Initial 6LoWPAN support
/***************************/

Re: PPPos does not detect modem disconnection

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 07.11.2019 um 17:49 schrieb vinimac:
> Hi all,
>
> I am simulating a signal loss by removing the antenna from the modem and it
> keep sending packets to a server using TCP socket. After remove the antenna,
> the function send wont fail() and error number is not set too.
>
> I was expecting TCP layer to detect the lack of TCP ACK or PPP should have
> some timeout?

PPP might detect connection loss, but TCP won't. That's expected, unless
you use LWIP_TCP_KEEPALIVE (just gxxxle for tcp keepalive...).