Ping bulking of replies

Kjel Snorre Jahrus
Hello,

I am trying to port lwIP to a EFM32 platform and my driver is doing something that I cannot understand.
In the beginning it replies nicely, but after a while it stops replying for some time and after that it goes into a reply mode when it bulks all the PING replies one after the other without doing anything else. After a while it bulks the ARP respons saying that the IP is at MAC address xxx and after that goes into a reply late mode when it replies after each request, but it has some differences in the number of the request reply(i.e. Request seq 3870 followed by reply seq 3863; request seq 3871 followed by reply seq 3864) after that the PC starts sending ARP requests and the chip sends all the remaining PING replies and after that it dies.

Can you help me understand why that is happening?

I tried to look into the stats and I couldn't see any errors or problems.

Thank you in advance,
KS

Re: Ping bulking of replies

Pomeroy, Marty

Make sure there is no higher priority thread monopolizing the CPU elsewhere, which is preventing the lower priority lwIP from running for relatively large chunks of time.

Marty

Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib files

Dan-Angel  Codrean

Hey guys,

I managed to make the lwIP port for an EFM32 developement kit and I would like to put it out there so that others can benefit from it.

Can you please tell me how should I proceed in putting it in the contrib repository?

Also I would like to ask you how should I license the include files (i.e. cc.h, perf.h, sys_arch.h, lwip_opts.h). Should I use the Swedish institute license, the company I am working for license or none?

Thank you in advance,

Dan-Angel Codrean

Re: Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib files

goldsimon@gmx.de
"Dan-Angel  Codrean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I managed to make the lwIP port for an EFM32 developement kit and I would
> like to put it out there so that others can benefit from it.
>
> Can you please tell me how should I proceed in putting it in the contrib
> repository?

Ports are only added to the contrib repository if there is a volunteer who is willing to maintain that port (for a long time!), meaning keeping it up to date to changes in lwIP and ensuring it works. This is why there are currently no hardware ports in contrib (aside from that in 'old' which are not updated). Ideally, a port maintainer would be a project member with git access to commit changes. Ports that become unmaintained will be removed from the repository.

If  that's too much restriction for you, putting a link on the wiki and hosting the download somewhere else might also be a good idea. (I don't know if there already is a page for available ports?)

> Also I would like to ask you how should I license the include files (i.e.
> cc.h, perf.h, sys_arch.h, lwip_opts.h). Should I use the Swedish institute
> license, the company I am working for license or none?

Well, ideally you would chose the same license as for all the other files, which is a modified BSD license as stated on the project page:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip

Re: Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib files

Kieran Mansley

On 22 Aug 2012, at 06:22, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> Well, ideally you would chose the same license as for all the other files, which is a modified BSD license as stated on the project page:
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip

Though obviously you will need to attribute copyright to the appropriate people (I expect there are some files that you have written as part of the port) and you are of course free to licence those files differently if you or your company so wish.

Re: Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib files

Artem Pisarenko
I would like to add a port and ethernet driver too.
But I need help to understand why it works unstable or what's wrong
with it. If I succeed to make it work, I'll be very gratefull and
promiss to maintain it for at least 1-2 years. Even if I will not able
to do it so long, it means that platform/rtos/hardware is outdated and
I made new port/driver which will be maintanted instead of this one. :)

* LwIP version: 1.4.0+
* Processor: ARM Cortex-M3
* Compiler/toolchain: GCC/Yagarto
* Platform: multithreading, FreeRTOS-MPU
* Ethernet driver: STM32F2x7 Ethernet controller (DMA)
* Development board: STM3220G_EVAL

I can also make second port for FreeRTOS (without MPU).

Admins, what do you think ?

---
Regards,
Artem Pisarenko