RFC: New project leadership needed for lwIP. Please step up.

RFC: New project leadership needed for lwIP. Please step up.

Leon Woestenberg
Hello,

this is my second request to the lwIP developers (with CVS commit
access) to step up as a project leader for lwIP. [1]

As I have not worked with lwIP over the last year or so, I do not think
myself in the position to oversee its development any longer in a
sensible way. I am stepping down as a project leader as per 2007. [2]

Please if you are now a developer, consider this opportunity. If you
think you might do this with someone else, e-mail that intention to this
mailing list.

Wishing you good holidays,

Leon Woestenberg

[1] My first request to the mailing list (many months ago) gave zero

[2] I am not sure if lwIP needs a project leader per se, but my personal
view and experience is that open source project do benefit from someone
with a bird's eye view and someone who can steer development activities
a bit so that focus is involved and knows when to round up releases.

Re: RFC: New project leadership needed for lwIP. Please step up.

Kieran Mansley
On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 23:48 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is my second request to the lwIP developers (with CVS commit
> access) to step up as a project leader for lwIP. [1]

Firstly, can I thank Leon for all the help he has provided to the lwIP
project over recent years, and I hope he'll continue to be involved in
some capacity.

> [1] My first request to the mailing list (many months ago) gave zero

I suspect both!  As no one else has stepped forward, and I agree with
Leon that a leader is important, I'll volunteer to do the job for a
while.  Although I no longer use lwIP myself (and its similarity to my
day job means I prefer not to commit code to ensure there is no risk of
being accused of contaminating lwIP with someone else's intellectual
property) I'm happy to oversee things for the time being.

I am always open to help from others, and should anyone else feel that
they could do the job better I'd be very pleased to welcome them.