[RST, ACK] from port zero

Bob Jones
Hello,

I'm using lwIP the stack with sockets in our project to create multiple HTTP connections to a non-lwIP server. I've noticed in Wireshark traces that on some occasions the server will send a [FIN, ACK], and the lwIP stack will respond with two [RST, ACK]s, one from port 0 and then one from the correct port it was using. Is this normal behavior or is this indicative of a porting issue in our implementation?

Thanks!

Re: [RST, ACK] from port zero

goldsimon@gmx.de

Am 31. Oktober 2018 16:26:27 MEZ schrieb Bob Jones <[hidden email]>:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using lwIP the stack with sockets in our project to create multiple
>HTTP connections to a non-lwIP server. I've noticed in Wireshark traces
>that on some occasions the server will send a [FIN, ACK], and the lwIP
>stack will respond with two [RST, ACK]s, one from port 0 and then one
>from
>the correct port it was using. Is this normal behavior or is this
>indicative of a porting issue in our implementation?

This is a bug tha will be fixed soon in a bugfix release. Its already fixed in git.

Re: [RST, ACK] from port zero

Axel Lin

goldsimon <[hidden email]> 於 2018年11月1日 週四 上午12:53寫道:

Am 31. Oktober 2018 16:26:27 MEZ schrieb Bob Jones <[hidden email]>:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using lwIP the stack with sockets in our project to create multiple
>HTTP connections to a non-lwIP server. I've noticed in Wireshark traces
>that on some occasions the server will send a [FIN, ACK], and the lwIP
>stack will respond with two [RST, ACK]s, one from port 0 and then one
>from
>the correct port it was using. Is this normal behavior or is this
>indicative of a porting issue in our implementation?

This is a bug tha will be fixed soon in a bugfix release. Its already fixed in git.
Hi Simon,
Which commit fixed this issue?
I'd appreciate if you can fix it in bugfix release, otherwise I'll apply the fix manually for my project.

Regards,
Axel

Re: [RST, ACK] from port zero

goldsimon@gmx.de
On 05.11.2018 16:39, Axel Lin wrote:

goldsimon <[hidden email]> 於 2018年11月1日 週四 上午12:53寫道:

Am 31. Oktober 2018 16:26:27 MEZ schrieb Bob Jones <[hidden email]>:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using lwIP the stack with sockets in our project to create multiple
>HTTP connections to a non-lwIP server. I've noticed in Wireshark traces
>that on some occasions the server will send a [FIN, ACK], and the lwIP
>stack will respond with two [RST, ACK]s, one from port 0 and then one
>from
>the correct port it was using. Is this normal behavior or is this
>indicative of a porting issue in our implementation?

This is a bug tha will be fixed soon in a bugfix release. Its already fixed in git.
Hi Simon,
Which commit fixed this issue?

This is fixed in the 2.1.x bugfix branch. Commit id is 7154e51ff225d7521120b57e9acf77d52793b3a7

I'd appreciate if you can fix it in bugfix release, otherwise I'll apply the fix manually for my project.

The release is already prepared. I'll try to find the time to publish it soon.