Radius Client using LwIP

Yasir Arafat
Hello everyone,

I need to implement 'Radius Clent (NAS)' in my project. Can anyone have any
idea how to do this. I found FreeRadius stack but it don't seems to work on
LwIP. And yes I am already running Https server on my board.

Thank in advance.

Re: Radius Client using LwIP

Joe Chisolm - Gmail
Start with a basic radius client, no extensions.  Look at RFC 2865 as a base.  It's been updated but you dont need tunnels and such to start with.   I suggest you find some old radius code, like the old Livingston server.  Or look for mod_auth_radius or pam_radius auth. Both of those are pretty
simple clients.  Free Radius is loaded with a lot of features and it will be hard to pick out the small parts you really need.  The old Livingston code is simple as is the pam code.  Dont worry about multiple radius servers and such to start with.  Get a basic client to 1 server up and running.
Then deal with fail over, accounting and all the other things you need.

You can use FreeRadius to setup a server you can test against. Important note - There are (were) subtle variations.  The Funk steel belted radius server had subtle differences from Livingston that was different from ...  So for a widely distributed product you need to test against various servers
and you may need client configuration capability to adjust the packet contents based on the customers server version.

Make sure you have wireshark with radius decode running on the box with your radius server.

On 4/18/20 12:54 AM, Yasir Arafat wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I need to implement 'Radius Clent (NAS)' in my project. Can anyone have any
> idea how to do this. I found FreeRadius stack but it don't seems to work on
> LwIP. And yes I am already running Https server on my board.
>
> Thank in advance.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/lwip-users-f3.html

Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

Re: Radius Client using LwIP

Am 18.04.2020 um 07:54 schrieb Yasir Arafat:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need to implement 'Radius Clent (NAS)' in my project. Can anyone have any
> idea how to do this. I found FreeRadius stack but it don't seems to work on
> LwIP. And yes I am already running Https server on my board.

Why wouldn't that work on lwIP?

There's no lwIP-specific code for radius I know of.