Random LWIP slow downs and hang up

Trampas Stern
I am having random slow downs and ethernet lock ups.  What I have noticed is that sometime ethernet parsing becomes very slow.  I was able to capture this with wireshark (enclosed).

I also find that sometimes usually after about a day the system just stops.  I can confirm that the lwip timeouts polling is being called. However the networking just seems to stop.

Other minor things are that I have noticed uploading files are extremely slow 1-2Mbits/sec, but downloading from my embedded device is fast 20-30Mbps.

I have gone through and make sure error logging is turned on for LWIP. I have tried turning on debugging but it causes so much noise I have trouble looking for the ham in the spam.

From the wireshark it appears that lwip is lost or something and ACK'ing stuff out of order.

The LWIP version is STABLE-2.1.2

Trampas

error.pcap (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Random LWIP slow downs and hang up

vysocan
Hello Trampas,
what chip is your PHY? To stay away from it.

I used W5500 which does whole TCP/IP stack, and it gets warm. Now using lan8720a with large GND pad.

Adam

út 24. 3. 2020 v 0:59 odesílatel Trampas Stern <[hidden email]> napsal:
[...]

From the wireshark it appears that lwip is lost or something and ACK'ing stuff out of order.

The LWIP version is STABLE-2.1.2

Trampas

731435556