Re: DCHP Client(Urgent)

Christiaan Simons
"Robson" <[hidden email]> wrote on 01-11-2005 13:11:22:

> Hi,
> I´m using LWIP with an ARM Microcontroler in a specific application,
> and I want to use this in my common network. So, I want to establish
> a DHCP client. But I don´t know how to set DCHP and how to call the
> correct functions.

As I said before on the lwip-users list the contrib/ports/unix/proj/unixsim
example and the src/core/dhcp.c are some sort of a reference. Also lwip/doc
should explain the important concepts.

If something is missing there I'll try to document/fix that later.

> My question is: in a simple application, what is the configurations
> and the exactly sequence of call functions should we use?

What is simple? We get these questions all the time,
and it's getting a bit boring. Read the code please.

> I try to use dchp_start(), dchp_discover()…but no results.

You shouldn't be calling dhcp_discover() yourself.

Please note you should have created and initialised a netif,
and enabe it with netif_set_default() and netif_set_up()!

Furter documentation is from the dhcp source:

Integration with your code:
Use from lwip/dhcp.h
#define DHCP_COARSE_TIMER_SECS (recommended 60 which is a minute)
#define DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS (recommended 500 which equals TCP coarse
timer)

Then have your application call dhcp_coarse_tmr() and
dhcp_fine_tmr() on the defined intervals.

Call dhcp_start(struct netif *netif);
starts a DHCP client instance which configures the interface by
obtaining an IP address lease and maintaining it.

Use dhcp_release(netif) to end the lease and use dhcp_stop(netif)
to remove the DHCP client.

> Please, help more urgent than possible!

Please do not push me for answers or support, I'm not getting paid for this
work.
Post future questions to the list please.

Regards,

Christiaan Simons

Hardware / Software Engineer
Axon Digital Design

+31 (0)13 511 66 66
+31 (0)13 511 41 51

http://www.axon.tv

individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not

Question in using RAW API without OS

陳 小擁

hi all :

    i have ported LwIP to uC/OS II based on RTL8019as and can't use to connect the PC in LwIP sockets . Now , i am going to use the Raw API to improve the performanc . However , i am all thumbs now ! can someone give me a example how to use Raw TCP .

RE: Question in using RAW API without OS

ming-2
邮件
Hi,

I think you can read the new rawapi.txt rewritten by Christiaan Simons recently,
which is under  lwip/doc/ path.

And there is an example at the end of Adam's "Design and Implementation of the lwIP
TCP/IP Stack".

regards, Ming

    i have ported LwIP to uC/OS II based on RTL8019as and can't use to connect the PC in LwIP sockets . Now , i am going to use the Raw API to improve the performanc . However , i am all thumbs now ! can someone give me a example how to use Raw TCP .

RE: Question in using RAW API without OS

陳 小擁

Hello Ming:

    Thanks for your reply . Now , i have a little understand how to use the Raw API to bulid up my connections . however ,  after i use tcp_recv( ) to register my receive function . i don't know where  the pcb->recv() will be called ? i have read the LwIP user manual . the process to push the data to application from the Driver is : Driver ---> ip_input() ---> tcp_input() ---> tcp_process() ---> tcp_receive() ---> application . It seems to me that the pcb->recv() will be called at the function tcp_receive() . But i can't find it out . i hope someone can't tell me how my recieive function will be call , and where ? thanks a lot !