Re: lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on

Re: lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on

2600@bol.com.br

If there is no easy way of replacing the entire default Linux kernel TCP/IP stack, then how are we supposed to use lwIP TCP/IP stack in our applications ?

Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 23:09:38 -0200
From: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on Linux

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 09:59:15 +0100 (CET)
From: Joan Lledó <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on
Linux

> Could anybody, please, tell us how to get rid of the *default TCP/IP*
> stack from *Linux* kernel so that only *lwIP* will be left to handle all
> IP networking traffic ?

I'm not an expert on Linux architecture, but I'd say you should create a
new module for the kernel, which embeds all lwip code + drivers,
intercepts all syscalls for sockets API and redirects it to lwip instead
of default stack.

Re: lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 09.11.2019 um 22:33 schrieb [hidden email]:
> If there is no easy way of replacing the entire default Linux kernel
> TCP/IP stack, then how are we supposed to use lwIP TCP/IP stack in our
> applications ?

lwIP is mainly an IP stack for embedded systems, not a replacement for
the stack included in Linux. You can use it as such, if you know how to
do it, but honestly, I wouldn't know why.