Running perl makefsdata

Sel

Running perl makefsdata

Sel

Hello,

Do you know if I have to move makefsdata perl script from its location to run?

When I try 'perl makefsdata' at the command line, I get the following back - FIND: Parameter format not correct

Re: Running perl makefsdata

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 14.08.2019 um 22:17 schrieb Sel:
> Hello,
>
> Do you know if I have to move makefsdata perl script from its location
> to run?
>
> When I try 'perl makefsdata' at the command line, I get the following
> back - FIND: Parameter format not correct

Honestly, I don't know. The perl version of makefsdata is (sadly)
somewhat unmaintained and I should probably remove it.

Although the httpd server should still be able to use the output of the
perl version, recent development has taken place in the C version only.

Sel

Re: Running perl makefsdata

Sel
Thank you for the insight.

Do you know if I have to compile the C version or is there an .exe available?

If compile required, is there a guide for it?

(I tried to do so earlier, but, noticed that there were header files missing)

"Sel" wrote:
> Do you know if I have to compile the C version or is there an .exe available?
>
> If compile required, is there a guide for it?
>
> (I tried to do so earlier, but, noticed that there were header files missing)

To get a windows executable, you can use the VisualStudio project files under
'contrib\ports\win32\msvc\'.

Alternatively, the cmake build should work with cygwin, too.

I'll try to remember uploading an exe with the next release...