SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

Trampas Stern
I was looking for some documentation on how configure custom OID for SNMP using lwip 1.4.1, does anyone happen to have an example?

Thanks
Trampas

Re: SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 23.10.2019 um 14:04 schrieb Trampas Stern:
> I was looking for some documentation on how configure custom OID for
> SNMP using lwip 1.4.1, does anyone happen to have an example?

No, sorry, SNMP has quite changed since 1.4.1.

We do have examples for private MIBs (if that's what you mean) plus we
have a MIB-to-C compiler, but 1.4.1 is rather old...

Re: SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

Trampas Stern
I was looking at upgrading to 2.x  of lwip, but was having some issues getting it configured.  Seems a lot has changed, and documentation is a bit out of date on the porting.

Trampas

Am 24.10.2019 um 00:54 schrieb Trampas Stern:
> I was looking at upgrading to 2.x  of lwip, but was having some issues
> getting it configured.  Seems a lot has changed, and documentation is a
> bit out of date on the porting.

Well, it shouldn't be out of date. I'd rather help you upgrading so we
can see what's missing than digging in old versions. Especially when it
comes to security of network devices, don't use old versions!

> Trampas
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 5:55 PM [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Am 23.10.2019 um 14:04 schrieb Trampas Stern:
>      > I was looking for some documentation on how configure custom OID for
>      > SNMP using lwip 1.4.1, does anyone happen to have an example?
>
>     No, sorry, SNMP has quite changed since 1.4.1.
>
>     We do have examples for private MIBs (if that's what you mean) plus we
>     have a MIB-to-C compiler, but 1.4.1 is rather old...
>
>     Regards,
>     Simon

Re: SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

Trampas Stern
I am with you on the old software! I would rather find new bugs than old bugs that have been fixed. I start porting the latest lwip version.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 24.10.2019 um 00:54 schrieb Trampas Stern:
> I was looking at upgrading to 2.x  of lwip, but was having some issues
> getting it configured.  Seems a lot has changed, and documentation is a
> bit out of date on the porting.

Well, it shouldn't be out of date. I'd rather help you upgrading so we
can see what's missing than digging in old versions. Especially when it
comes to security of network devices, don't use old versions!

> Trampas
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 5:55 PM [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Am 23.10.2019 um 14:04 schrieb Trampas Stern:
>      > I was looking for some documentation on how configure custom OID for
>      > SNMP using lwip 1.4.1, does anyone happen to have an example?
>
>     No, sorry, SNMP has quite changed since 1.4.1.
>
>     We do have examples for private MIBs (if that's what you mean) plus we
>     have a MIB-to-C compiler, but 1.4.1 is rather old...
>
>     Regards,
>     Simon

Re: SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 24.10.2019 um 20:35 schrieb Trampas Stern:
> I am with you on the old software! I would rather find new bugs than old
> bugs that have been fixed. I start porting the latest lwip version.

OK, please report back anything that's missing in the UPGRADING document.

Re: SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

Trampas Stern
I did get the lwip 2.1.2 version compiled and ported with httpd running.  Is there a quick start guide for SNMP?

I am new to SNMP, and have started reading up so if there is a good primer for background I should read first, by all means let me know.

Thanks
Trampas

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 3:06 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 24.10.2019 um 20:35 schrieb Trampas Stern:
> I am with you on the old software! I would rather find new bugs than old
> bugs that have been fixed. I start porting the latest lwip version.

OK, please report back anything that's missing in the UPGRADING document.

Re: SNMP for lwip 1.4.1

Dirk Ziegelmeier-2
Not really, but there are examples in the contrib directory

Ciao
Dirk