SNMP v3

Andy Pont
Hello,

I am trying to make sense of the current state of SNMP v3 in lwIP as the
documentation seems a little confused.  Is SNMP v3 fully functional and
does the MIB compiler support it?

-Andy.

Re: SNMP v3

Andy Pont
Dirk wrote...

>Yes, it is functional (git head or 2.1 beta). Be aware the user needs
>to implement a lot of things for it (user/password management). The MIB
>compiler is not affected by the SNMP version.
Thanks for the good news.  This is an upgrade to an existing system so
it is looking like an update to the lwIP version and integration of TLS
support and so lots of work anyway!

Do we know when 2.1 will be out of beta and formally released?  I’m not
sure I would want to build the product using a beta or current top of
tree!

-Andy.

Re: SNMP v3

goldsimon@gmx.de

Andy Pont wrote:
>Do we know when 2.1 will be out of beta and formally released?  I’m not
>
>sure I would want to build the product using a beta or current top of
>tree!

That's only a matter of some days hopefully. I'll do that as soon as I get back to work.