Sample code for the mainloop NO_SYS case is broken

Sample code for the mainloop NO_SYS case is broken

Jon Taylor
Hi,

I am trying to get lwIP running on top of the BareMetal exokernel, for
which I am using the NO_SYS mainloop mode of lwIP.  I tried to
implement the example code at:

file:///home/jon/controlix/src/lwip/doc/doxygen/output/html/group__lwip__nosys.html

...in the documentation folder in the main source tree.  However, it
appears to depend on the queue_try_put() function, and I can't find
that function defined anywhere in the lwIP sources.  Also, when
looking at:

file:///home/jon/controlix/src/lwip/doc/doxygen/output/html/group__pbuf.html

...in the docs, I see the note about packet buffers not being
supported.  Which of these conflicting messages is correct?

Jon

Re: Sample code for the mainloop NO_SYS case is broken

Dirk Ziegelmeier-2
The code in NO_SYS docs is pseudo-code, you need to implement pbuf queues by yourself. Usually an OS already supports some kind of queue.

So packet QUEUES are not supported, pbufs only support CHAINS (=one single ethernet packet splitted into multiple pbufs).

HTH
Dirk