Setting NTP server address according to some conditions

Setting NTP server address according to some conditions

SciMan

Hi!

I’m using LWIP 2.0.3. In my code I have a static ┬áNTP server address. But this address can be invalid or valid (depending what the user will write in it). If DHCP is enabled I want to reach the following behavior:

  • If the NTP server address is delivered via the DHCP, it will be set and used (it doesn’t matter what is the static address).
  • If the NTP server address is not delivered via the DHCP and the static NTP server address is invalid, the NTP will not be initialized.
  • If the NTP server address is not delivered, but the static NTP server address is valid, the NTP will be initialized and will use the static address.

To reach this, I need to decide what to do in the call of the function dhcp_set_ntp_address(). But there is no callback, so I cannot call my own code. How can I reach this behavior without modifying the original code of the stack (file sntp.c)?

Best regards!

SciMan