Simple no OS RAW web server and no framework websocket example?

Simple no OS RAW web server and no framework websocket example?

AfdhalAtiffTan
Hi all,

I am very new to the lwIP and web development, and I need some directions.

I've seen a lot of cool demo of websocket + webserver on ESP8266 platform on
youtube and I am wondering if lwIP can achieve the same. I am using SAM E70
Xplained Atmel development board.

I tried to learn http, css, and javascript, and, I am still struggling to
understand websocket. Most of the tutorial on youtube uses a framework
called socket.io.

My question is, is it possible for me to have a simple raw, no os, websocket
+ webserver example?
I wanted to display realtime ADC value without needed to refresh the webpage
manually.

I got the raw httpd example to work, but, I am still lost.
A hint on what I should learn would be helpful too.

Thank you.

Re: Simple no OS RAW web server and no framework websocket example?

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 02.12.2018 um 01:52 schrieb AfdhalAtiffTan:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very new to the lwIP and web development, and I need some directions.
>
> I've seen a lot of cool demo of websocket + webserver on ESP8266 platform on
> youtube and I am wondering if lwIP can achieve the same. I am using SAM E70
> Xplained Atmel development board.

There's no websocket support yet in lwIP. You'll have to rely on 3rd
party code for that.

Re: Simple no OS RAW web server and no framework websocket example?

Mike Fleetwood
Hi,

I've got a fairly complete websocket implementation running on LwIP with
RTOS - I should think it would be pretty easy to re-jig it for raw LwIP,
using call-backs.  You would probably have to make some changes to your
http server code to allow it to keep websocket connections open.  I
could strip out the useful bits - if that's any use to you?  You would
need access to SHA1 encryption - although I think that's already
included in the LwIP distribution, but may need a little modification to
use it.

Regards,

Mike.

On 02/12/2018 15:03, [hidden email] wrote:

> Am 02.12.2018 um 01:52 schrieb AfdhalAtiffTan:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am very new to the lwIP and web development, and I need some
>> directions.
>>
>> I've seen a lot of cool demo of websocket + webserver on ESP8266
>> platform on
>> youtube and I am wondering if lwIP can achieve the same. I am using
>> SAM E70
>> Xplained Atmel development board.
>
> There's no websocket support yet in lwIP. You'll have to rely on 3rd
> party code for that.
>
> Simon

FACE Systems Ltd
The Old Boat House