Single thread/polled version of unix port

Single thread/polled version of unix port

Andrew Lentvorski
Is there a single threaded (basically, polling) version of the main
Unix/Linux/FreeBSD port somewhere?

Thanks,
-a

Re: Single thread/polled version of unix port

Christiaan Simons
Hi Andrew,

> Is there a single threaded (basically, polling) version of the main
> Unix/Linux/FreeBSD port somewhere?

CVS contrib/ports/unix/proj/minimal

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design

http://www.axon.tv

Christiaan Simons wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Is there a single threaded (basically, polling) version of the main
>> Unix/Linux/FreeBSD port somewhere?
>
> CVS contrib/ports/unix/proj/minimal

I looked at that, but that one also seems to throw out the higher-level
interface functions (ie. socket and select interfaces).  Am I wrong?

Basically, I was looking for a single-threaded version of simhost to use
as an example.

Eventually, I want to use this to drive an 802.11 interface directly.
However, I'd like to  be able to use Linux to prototype everything right
up until I switch over to using the actual hardware interface.

Thanks,
-a

Re: Single thread/polled version of unix port

Kieran Mansley
On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 00:29 -0800, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:

> Christiaan Simons wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> >> Is there a single threaded (basically, polling) version of the main
> >> Unix/Linux/FreeBSD port somewhere?
> >
> > CVS contrib/ports/unix/proj/minimal
>
> I looked at that, but that one also seems to throw out the higher-level
> interface functions (ie. socket and select interfaces).  Am I wrong?

The higher layer APIs use a separate thread, so you can't have both I'm
afraid.

Hope that helps

Kieran Mansley wrote:
> The higher layer APIs use a separate thread, so you can't have both I'm
> afraid.

That's a bummer.

Thanks for the info.  At least I can stop searching and just dig into
the code to see what's going on.

-a