Supporting SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT

Supporting SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT

Amir Bukhari-4
MATLAB Simulink has a external mode, which let modell running on target to commicate with Simulink. It uses SO_REUSEADDR. So that after a connection is closed it can be reused without opening a new socket.
To support this, I think lwip_close/lwip_accept should be changed to support this.
As a workaround on MATLAB side (on my target) I do not close the connection when MATLAB request that, so that a new connection can be accepted.

Does anybody have made a change to sockets.c to add SO_REUSEADDR?

--------------------
Amir Bukhari
aquintos GmbH * integration experts
Lammstraße 21 * 76133 Karlsruhe * GERMANY
phone: 0721 / 516 38-0
Mobile +49-179-7318737
Mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.aquintos.com

Re: Supporting SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT

Mumtaz Ahmad
Dear Amir

I donot think SO_REUSEADDR has any thing related with sock opening or
closing as far as i know. This option is mainly used to re use the port
number and avoid a bind() error 'Address already in use'. Lwip already
supports it by default

Mumtaz Ahmad
Project Manager
Network Systems Group