TCP Receive Timeout

yacobh@dds-security.com

Hello all,

I use LwIP version 2.0.3.

I want to define timeout for TCP receive.

LwIP allows to define the following options:

- LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT

- LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO

Which of them shall be enabled for receive timeout?

The timeout value shall be set by the function netconn_set_recvtimeout().

Can I use netconn_set_recvtimeout() at any time or it must be at system startup?

Thanks.

Yacob Hassidim.

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 19.12.2019 um 06:44 schrieb Yacob Hassidim:
> Hello all,
>
> I use LwIP version 2.0.3.
>
> I want to define timeout for TCP receive.
>
> LwIP allows to define the following options:
>
> - LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT

Have you found out by now that LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT has nothing to do with
receive timeouts?

When using sockets, just try to use standard calls and come back here
for anything that doesn't work compared to Unix/Linux/windows.

> - LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO
>
> Which of them shall be enabled for receive timeout?
>
> The timeout value shall be set by the function netconn_set_recvtimeout().
>
> Can I use netconn_set_recvtimeout() at any time or it must be at system
> startup?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yacob Hassidim.

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

yacobh@dds-security.com
Hello,

Thanks Simon,

Do you mean I must to enable LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT and LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO to enable TCP receive timeout?

Can you please answer to the next question also?

The timeout value shall be set by the function netconn_set_recvtimeout().
Can I use netconn_set_recvtimeout() at any time or it must be at system startup?

Yacob Hassidim,
Real Time Embedded Software Engineer