TCP Receive Timeout

yacobh@dds-security.com

Hello all,

This is the 3rd time I send this question.

Can anyone help?

I use LwIP version 2.0.3.

I want to define timeout for TCP receive.

LwIP allows to define the following options:

- LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT

- LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO

Which of them shall be enabled for receive timeout?

The timeout value shall be set by the function netconn_set_recvtimeout().

Can I use netconn_set_recvtimeout() at any time or it must be at system startup?

Thanks.

Yacob Hassidim.

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

monderc
Hello,

I think you can use netconn_set_recvtimeout() function. But I've prefering "conName->recv_timeout" method.

Yacob Hassidim <[hidden email]>, 26 Ara 2019 Per, 09:42 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Hello all,

This is the 3rd time I send this question.

Can anyone help?

I use LwIP version 2.0.3.

I want to define timeout for TCP receive.

LwIP allows to define the following options:

- LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT

- LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO

Which of them shall be enabled for receive timeout?

The timeout value shall be set by the function netconn_set_recvtimeout().

Can I use netconn_set_recvtimeout() at any time or it must be at system startup?

Thanks.

Yacob Hassidim.

Mesut Cömert
Elektrik Elektronik Mühendisi | Electrical Electronics Engineer

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

yacobh@dds-security.com

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

But what about the first question:

LwIP allows to define the following options:

- LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT

- LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO

Which of them shall be enabled for receive timeout?

Yacob Hassidim.

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

monderc
Hello,

If you set "LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO" option to 1, "->recv_timeout" will be enable.

Regards

Yacob Hassidim <[hidden email]>, 26 Ara 2019 Per, 09:58 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

But what about the first question:

LwIP allows to define the following options:

- LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT

- LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO

Which of them shall be enabled for receive timeout?

Yacob Hassidim.

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

yacobh@dds-security.com

Hello,

Thank you.

Do you mean LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT is not required?

Can I set “conName->recv_timeout” at any time?

Yacob Hassidim.

Re: TCP Receive Timeout

yacobh@dds-security.com

Hello,

Thank you for your fast response.

I understand LWIP_TCPIP_TIMEOUT is required to create timers (so it must be enabled) and LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO is for Receive Timeout.

Yacob Hassidim.