VLAN support

SimonW
Does anyone know if support for VLAN is planned for lwip?

Re: VLAN support

goldsimon@gmx.de

Am 24. Februar 2020 23:42:06 MEZ schrieb SimonW <[hidden email]>:
>Does anyone know if support for VLAN is planned for lwip?

Did you grep through the code searching for "vlan"? If not, I'd suggest to do that.

Re: VLAN support

SimonW
I've searched all the documentation at
http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/index.html. There is not mention of VLAN.
There are

This forum has a number of threads from 2011 and 2012. Saying there is
incomplete support for receiving tagged frames. There is one from 2014 - not
sure I understand it.

What I'd like - it it's possible -  is to create a number of netifs (2 or 3)
- each generating and receiving packets tagged for specific VLAN.

Re: VLAN support

goldsimon@gmx.de

Am 25. Februar 2020 23:32:44 MEZ schrieb SimonW <[hidden email]>:
>I've searched all the documentation at
>http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/index.html. There is not mention of
>VLAN.

I said search the code. Sadly, we're not better than other open source software when it comes to documentation:-)

>There are
>
>This forum has a number of threads from 2011 and 2012. Saying there is
>incomplete support for receiving tagged frames. There is one from 2014
>- not
>sure I understand it.
>
>What I'd like - it it's possible -  is to create a number of netifs (2
>or 3)
>- each generating and receiving packets tagged for specific VLAN.

No, such code indeed does not yet exist. But it shouldn't be too hard to write as a dummy netif driver.