Very first thing I should see on network??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Very first thing I should see on network??

Dave Nadler

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have a board using STM32F437 and LAN8742A.
At one point I had this working, but something is broken either in my code or the latest ST CubeMX fiasco code.
I can see the the 50MHz RMII clock is AOK, the initialization software seems content that
it has initialized both the internal ST Ethernet peripheral and the LAN8742A.
But nothing happens...

So, the question:
What is the very first thing I should see on the network using WireShark?
I'm definitely not a network guru...

The LwIP debug log is below in case its helpful...

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Best Regards, Dave

etharp_timer
netif: added interface st IP addr 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 gw 0.0.0.0
netif: setting default interface st
dhcp_start(netif=0x2000b798) st0
dhcp_start(): mallocing new DHCP client
dhcp_start(): allocated dhcp
dhcp_start(): starting DHCP configuration
dhcp_discover()
transaction id xid(4bb5f646)
dhcp_discover: making request
dhcp_discover: sendto(DISCOVER, IP_ADDR_BROADCAST, LWIP_IANA_PORT_DHCP_SERVER)
ip4_output_if: st0
IP header:
+-------------------------------+
| 4 | 5 |  0x00 |       336     | (v, hl, tos, len)
+-------------------------------+
|        0      |000|       0   | (id, flags, offset)
+-------------------------------+
|  255  |   17  |    0x0000     | (ttl, proto, chksum)
+-------------------------------+
|    0  |    0  |    0  |    0  | (src)
+-------------------------------+
|  255  |  255  |  255  |  255  | (dest)
+-------------------------------+
ip4_output_if: call netif->output()
ethernet_output: sending packet 0x20004f04
dhcp_discover: deleting()ing
dhcp_discover: SELECTING
dhcp_discover(): set request timeout 2000 msecs
StartDefaultTask main loop...


-- 
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, [hidden email], Skype 
 Dave.Nadler1

_______________________________________________
lwip-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Very first thing I should see on network??

Dave Nadler
Solved my problem (two warring CubeMX fixes to fix a deadlock created - another deadlock)...
Still interested for my education - what should be the very first thing I see from lwip on the network?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

On 4/17/2020 8:48 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have a board using STM32F437 and LAN8742A.
At one point I had this working, but something is broken either in my code or the latest ST CubeMX fiasco code.
I can see the the 50MHz RMII clock is AOK, the initialization software seems content that
it has initialized both the internal ST Ethernet peripheral and the LAN8742A.
But nothing happens...

So, the question:
What is the very first thing I should see on the network using WireShark?
I'm definitely not a network guru...

The LwIP debug log is below in case its helpful...

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Best Regards, Dave

etharp_timer
netif: added interface st IP addr 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 gw 0.0.0.0
netif: setting default interface st
dhcp_start(netif=0x2000b798) st0
dhcp_start(): mallocing new DHCP client
dhcp_start(): allocated dhcp
dhcp_start(): starting DHCP configuration
dhcp_discover()
transaction id xid(4bb5f646)
dhcp_discover: making request
dhcp_discover: sendto(DISCOVER, IP_ADDR_BROADCAST, LWIP_IANA_PORT_DHCP_SERVER)
ip4_output_if: st0
IP header:
+-------------------------------+
| 4 | 5 |  0x00 |       336     | (v, hl, tos, len)
+-------------------------------+
|        0      |000|       0   | (id, flags, offset)
+-------------------------------+
|  255  |   17  |    0x0000     | (ttl, proto, chksum)
+-------------------------------+
|    0  |    0  |    0  |    0  | (src)
+-------------------------------+
|  255  |  255  |  255  |  255  | (dest)
+-------------------------------+
ip4_output_if: call netif->output()
ethernet_output: sending packet 0x20004f04
dhcp_discover: deleting()ing
dhcp_discover: SELECTING
dhcp_discover(): set request timeout 2000 msecs
StartDefaultTask main loop...




-- 
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, [hidden email], Skype 
 Dave.Nadler1

_______________________________________________
lwip-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Very first thing I should see on network??

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 18.04.2020 um 22:31 schrieb Dave Nadler:
> Solved my problem (two warring CubeMX fixes to fix a deadlock created -
> another deadlock)...
> Still interested for my education - what should be the very first thing
> I see from lwip on the network?

You'd normally see ARP or DHCP requests first, depending on your config.
You can have a config with static IP that does not even send a
gratuitous ARP though. In that case, nothing would be sent.

Regards,
Simon

> Thanks,
> Best Regards, Dave
>
> On 4/17/2020 8:48 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
>>
>> Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have a board using STM32F437 and
>> LAN8742A.
>> At one point I had this working, but something is broken either in my
>> code or the latest ST CubeMX fiasco code.
>> I can see the the 50MHz RMII clock is AOK, the initialization software
>> seems content that
>> it has initialized both the internal ST Ethernet peripheral and the
>> LAN8742A.
>> But nothing happens...
>>
>> So, the question:
>> What is the very first thing I should see on the network using WireShark?
>> I'm definitely not a network guru...
>>
>> The LwIP debug log is below in case its helpful...
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any tips!
>> Best Regards, Dave
>>
>> etharp_timer
>> netif: added interface st IP addr 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 gw 0.0.0.0
>> netif: setting default interface st
>> dhcp_start(netif=0x2000b798) st0
>> dhcp_start(): mallocing new DHCP client
>> dhcp_start(): allocated dhcp
>> dhcp_start(): starting DHCP configuration
>> dhcp_discover()
>> transaction id xid(4bb5f646)
>> dhcp_discover: making request
>> dhcp_discover: sendto(DISCOVER, IP_ADDR_BROADCAST,
>> LWIP_IANA_PORT_DHCP_SERVER)
>> ip4_output_if: st0
>> IP header:
>> +-------------------------------+
>> | 4 | 5 |  0x00 |       336     | (v, hl, tos, len)
>> +-------------------------------+
>> |        0      |000|       0   | (id, flags, offset)
>> +-------------------------------+
>> |  255  |   17  |    0x0000     | (ttl, proto, chksum)
>> +-------------------------------+
>> |    0  |    0  |    0  |    0  | (src)
>> +-------------------------------+
>> |  255  |  255  |  255  |  255  | (dest)
>> +-------------------------------+
>> ip4_output_if: call netif->output()
>> ethernet_output: sending packet 0x20004f04
>> dhcp_discover: deleting()ing
>> dhcp_discover: SELECTING
>> dhcp_discover(): set request timeout 2000 msecs
>> StartDefaultTask main loop...
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, [hidden email], Skype
>  Dave.Nadler1
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> lwip-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip-users
>


_______________________________________________
lwip-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip-users