Who is socket expert?

Revathy-4
Hi,
        Iam working in BF533 APSP Blackfin processsor. In that with respect to
setsocketopt API:-

int setsockopt(int s, int level, int optname, const void *optval, int
optlen);

I wanted to know whether we have supported level namely IPPROTO_IP, where we
can do multicasting. Otherwise let me know where to enable Multicasting
option.

Iam not getting any relevant information about this from search engine.
Can anyone help me out!

Regards,
Revathy

Re: Who is socket expert?

Kieran Mansley
On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:04 +0530, revathy wrote:

> Hi,
> Iam working in BF533 APSP Blackfin processsor. In that with respect to
> setsocketopt API:-
>
> int setsockopt(int s, int level, int optname, const void *optval, int
> optlen);
>
> I wanted to know whether we have supported level namely IPPROTO_IP, where we
> can do multicasting. Otherwise let me know where to enable Multicasting
> option.

lwIP doesn't support multicast in its current form.  Any multicast TCP
packets received are just dropped.  I expect the same is true for UDP,
but haven't checked.  If you want to look in the source, look for the
ip_addr_ismulticast() function - this test is used to tell if it's
multicast traffic and take suitable actions.

RE: Who is socket expert?

Revathy-4
Thanks Kieran for your needful help!
I will try that.

Revathy

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:04 +0530, revathy wrote:
> Hi,
> Iam working in BF533 APSP Blackfin processsor. In that with respect to
> setsocketopt API:-
>
> int setsockopt(int s, int level, int optname, const void *optval, int
> optlen);
>
> I wanted to know whether we have supported level namely IPPROTO_IP, where
we
> can do multicasting. Otherwise let me know where to enable Multicasting
> option.

lwIP doesn't support multicast in its current form.  Any multicast TCP
packets received are just dropped.  I expect the same is true for UDP,
but haven't checked.  If you want to look in the source, look for the
ip_addr_ismulticast() function - this test is used to tell if it's
multicast traffic and take suitable actions.

believed to be clean.

http://www.eset.com