a few questions about lwIP

shim-2
Dear guys;

I am working on an embedded system requiring a tiny implementation
of the TCP/IP stack. Searching in the Internet, I found uIP and lwIP
very useful for my case. As a result, I tried to study lwIP and uIP,
specially lwIP. After studying your documentaions ("Full TCP-IP for
8-bit Architecture", and "Design and Implementation of the lwIP
TCP/IP Stack") we tried to test your simple web server sample, but
facing a lot of errors both in Linking and Compiling phase. I'd be
very happy if you mention another example which uses lwIP APIs and
also has a simple structure. In fact, my main problem is how to use
lwIP APIs to write my codes.

Looking forward to hearing from you and best wishes,
shimimreh

Re: a few questions about lwIP

FreeRTOS info
> Dear guys;
>
> I am working on an embedded system requiring a tiny implementation
> of the TCP/IP stack. Searching in the Internet, I found uIP and lwIP
> very useful for my case. As a result, I tried to study lwIP and uIP,
> specially lwIP. After studying your documentaions ("Full TCP-IP for
> 8-bit Architecture", and "Design and Implementation of the lwIP
> TCP/IP Stack") we tried to test your simple web server sample, but
> facing a lot of errors both in Linking and Compiling phase. I'd be
> very happy if you mention another example which uses lwIP APIs and
> also has a simple structure. In fact, my main problem is how to use
> lwIP APIs to write my codes.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you and best wishes,
> shimimreh

Your best would be to start with a complete project that includes the lwIP
source, rather than integrating the raw source code into a new project.
This way you will have something that compiles and links already that you
can then just modify to suit your application.

Try to find a project/makefile that already exists for your given processor
or compiler (the FreeRTOS.org download include ARM7/GCC projects that
include lwIP which may provide a starting point).

Regards,
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org
for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430
Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *