a question about arp

Jon-22

I found a prolem while looking at the source code about LWIP. The sending function will simply return without doing any operation if can not find corresponding MAC address in arp cache.But the usual way for handling this is to record this packet,and send the packet once again until the arp reply reaches.But now your solution will make the packet lost,is this a bug ?

--
It is the tears of the earth that keep here smiles in bloom.

Re: a question about arp

Christiaan Simons
Hi Jon,

> I found a prolem while looking at the source code about LWIP. The
> sending function will simply return without doing any operation if
> can not find corresponding MAC address in arp cache.But the usual
> way for handling this is to record this packet,and send the packet
> once again until the arp reply reaches.But now your solution will
> make the packet lost,is this a bug ?

Define  ARP_QUEUEING to be 1 in your lwipopts.h,
the etharp_tmr() will replay the pending packet.

Please use lwip-users for these questions.

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design

http://www.axon.tv