Summary: IPV6 udp_send() fails when enabling Dual Stack(IPV4
and IPv6) configuration and with multiple interface
Project: lwIP - A Lightweight TCP/IP stack
Submitted by: goldsimon
Submitted on: Thu 02 Apr 2020 06:38:24 PM UTC
Severity: 3 - Normal
Item Group: Faulty Behaviour
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Planned Release: None
lwIP version: Other
In my current project i have enabled Dual Stack (IPv4 and IPv6) with
My query : How to send IPV6 udp packet from the second interface when source
address is 0?
I'm binding the socket with port only.
Trying the below sequence:
- Add interface-1 to the netif list, bring up interface-1.
- send and receive the IPv4 and IPv6 packets with interface-1.
- Bring down interface-1.
- Add interface-2 to netif list, bring up interface-2.
- send and receive the IPv4 packets with interface-2.
- send multicast link-local IPv6 packets with interface-2. udp_send() FAIL,
since ip6_route() returns interface as NULL.