calling IP from ethernet interrupt

Amir Bukhari-2

I use UCOS-II (on MPC5200). I run a task which is activated when a packet is
arrived. this happend by using messege boxes. the SDMA interrupt post a
messege with a pointer to the buffer, I try here to avoid copy the packet,
thus I use the buffer pointed by SDMA, because SDMA will used the freed
buffer from the ringbuffer later. the Task then create pbuf and copy the
packet arrived to it.
this work very good but in a heavy data transfer I got alot packet lost and
TCP connection are all losts. I use ping utility under linux to floot my
mpc5200, this because the buffer data is rewritten by the SDMA and I got
cruppted data.
a good solution is to call the  low_level_input directly in the receiving
interrupt, but this don't work with me because uCOS-II refuse using
semaphore inside an interrupt handler, the pbuf code use semaphore
somewhere.
is it save to ignore semaphore inside an interrupt, when another thread has
set it. or there another way to allocate pbuf which sutable for use with
interrupt handler?

-Amir

Wireless TCPIP

Ashutosh Srivastava
Hi All,

I have successfully interfaced LWIP to my system with an ethernet network
interface. Next on line is porting this to a wireless network interface.

My question is, apart from the underlying driver changes, are there any
differences in TCPIP stack itself for it work with wireless interface?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

回复: Wireless TCPIP

hui wang
Hi,
I am interested in this work.Which wireless device does u port to?

Ashutosh Srivastava <[hidden email]> ??#?
Hi All,

I have successfully interfaced LWIP to my system with an ethernet network
interface. Next on line is porting this to a wireless network interface.

My question is, apart from the underlying driver changes, are there any
differences in TCPIP stack itself for it work with wireless interface?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

??????G?????????????,???????????????
????????D??????????????

Re: Wireless TCPIP

Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Ashutosh Srivastava wrote:

> I have successfully interfaced LWIP to my system with an ethernet
> network interface. Next on line is porting this to a wireless network
> interface.
> My question is, apart from the underlying driver changes, are there any
> differences in TCPIP stack itself for it work with wireless interface?

Hi,

I've never programmed anyting connected with wireless. But I remember an
issu that came up with wireless and bridge code. IIRC the problem was
that wireless IF are not capable of receiving packets with an unknown
MAC, but bridge code changes the sender MAC. I solved this problem by
setting up a tunnel between 2 wireless IF and the bridge code used the 2
tunnel endpoints.

What I want to say is that I think there is now difference in tcpip, but
in the arp handling.

HTH

Gustl

Re: Wireless TCPIP

Ashutosh Srivastava
Thanks for the response Gustl. I raised this issue, because yesterday I was
brushing up my basics from Computer Networks by Tannenbaum, and one
section described that TCPIP stack may involve some changes for wireless
interface, particularly congestion control.

It says, that TCP implementations assumes that timeouts are caused by
congestion, not by lost packets. Consequently, when timer goes off, TCP
slows down and sends data less vigorously to reduce congestion.

But it case of wireless, there could be packet losses and proper approach
in dealing with lost packets is to send them as quickly as possible. Slowing
down will make the matter worse.

Is the above statement true?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

>> I have successfully interfaced LWIP to my system with an ethernet network
>> interface. Next on line is porting this to a wireless network interface.
>> My question is, apart from the underlying driver changes, are there any
>> differences in TCPIP stack itself for it work with wireless interface?
>
> Hi,
>
> I've never programmed anyting connected with wireless. But I remember an
> issu that came up with wireless and bridge code. IIRC the problem was that
> wireless IF are not capable of receiving packets with an unknown MAC, but
> bridge code changes the sender MAC. I solved this problem by setting up a
> tunnel between 2 wireless IF and the bridge code used the 2 tunnel
> endpoints.
>
> What I want to say is that I think there is now difference in tcpip, but
> in the arp handling.
>
> HTH
>
> Gustl

RE: Wireless TCPIP

Karl Kobel
I am interested in this as well, and can contribute.

In my case, the radio will be 802.15.4

Karl

Re: Wireless TCPIP

Michael Anburaj-2
Hi Ashutosh,

I did this a while back "prism II" chipset - 802.11b &
did not have any issues with LwIP, as you mentioned
had to just swap the ethernet driver & netIf code with
the 802.11 driver & its netif.

Project page:
http://geocities.com/michaelanburaj/wifi/

Cheers,