cmake target 'lwipdocs' error

Joan Lledó
Hi,

When I run cmake over the main CMakeLists.txt I get this error message:

- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
Doxygen needs to be installed to generate the doxygen documentation
-- Configuring done
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:20 (add_dependencies):
  The dependency target "lwipdocs" of target "dist" does not exist.

That's because the target 'lwipdocs' is unconditionally attached to
the target 'dist', but it's undefined when doxygen is not installed on
the system. Is this a bug, or it's intentional?

Re: cmake target 'lwipdocs' error

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 02.12.2018 um 11:43 schrieb Joan Lledó:

> Hi,
>
> When I run cmake over the main CMakeLists.txt I get this error message:
>
> - Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
> Doxygen needs to be installed to generate the doxygen documentation
> -- Configuring done
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:20 (add_dependencies):
>    The dependency target "lwipdocs" of target "dist" does not exist.
>
> That's because the target 'lwipdocs' is unconditionally attached to
> the target 'dist', but it's undefined when doxygen is not installed on
> the system. Is this a bug, or it's intentional?

Dirk created the cmake but I guess that's intentional. The 'dist' target
is the one I use to create the release file. Silently dropping the
documentation would be bad in this case.

If you need a target without the documentation, maybe we can add or
rename targets.

Re: cmake target 'lwipdocs' error

Joan Lledó
Missatge de [hidden email] <[hidden email]> del dia dg., 2 de des.
2018 a les 16:03:
> If you need a target without the documentation, maybe we can add or
> rename targets.

Oh no, no need to, thanks. I think this won't be a problem for me, I
was just curious.