ethernet external loopback test using lwip

ethernet external loopback test using lwip

vinu
Hi all,

I need to run an external loopback test (using an Ethernet loopback cable)
using LwIP 1.4.2 stack as part of board testing. Please note that i need the
data to loop through the Ethernet cable and come back to the device. Is this
possible using netconn APIs or should i make use of raw tcp apis ? Please
share if there is any example code snippets for the same.

regards,
Vinu

Re: ethernet external loopback test using lwip

goldsimon@gmx.de
Am 25.10.2019 um 15:17 schrieb vinu:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to run an external loopback test (using an Ethernet loopback cable)
> using LwIP 1.4.2 stack as part of board testing. Please note that i need the
> data to loop through the Ethernet cable and come back to the device. Is this
> possible using netconn APIs or should i make use of raw tcp apis ? Please
> share if there is any example code snippets for the same.

Why do you need to use lwIP for that? Just call your driver's TX
function directly and wait for it to receive back the packet.

With lwIP it could get more difficult. But if you insist on lwIP, try
sending a UDP broadcast that you can receive back. TCP probably won't work.

Re: ethernet external loopback test using lwip

vinu
Thanks Simon. I think LWIP_UDP is already enabled in my code. Let me try udp
broadcast first.