lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on Linux

lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on Linux

2600@bol.com.br
Hello Folks,

I couldn't find previous messages for this the forum and this is my first interaction here.
Could anybody, please, tell us how to get rid of the default TCP/IP stack from Linux kernel so that only lwIP will be left to handle all IP networking traffic ?

Thanks.

Re: lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on Linux

lwip-users mailing list

> Could anybody, please, tell us how to get rid of the *default TCP/IP*
> stack from *Linux* kernel so that only *lwIP* will be left to handle all
> IP networking traffic ?

I'm not an expert on Linux architecture, but I'd say you should create a
new module for the kernel, which embeds all lwip code + drivers,
intercepts all syscalls for sockets API and redirects it to lwip instead
of default stack.

Re: lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on Linux

2600@bol.com.br
Folks,

Could anyone here explain how can we use IwIP in parallel with the default TCP/IP stack in Linux ?
What should be done into our application source code to ignore Linux Sockets and use IwIP instead ?

Cheers.

Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 19:33:37 -0200
From: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP TCP/IP as the default TCP/IP stack on

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 22:44:02 +0100
From: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Am 09.11.2019 um 22:33 schrieb [hidden email]:
> If there is no easy way of replacing the entire default Linux kernel
> TCP/IP stack, then how are we supposed to use lwIP TCP/IP stack in our
> applications ?

lwIP is mainly an IP stack for embedded systems, not a replacement for
the stack included in Linux. You can use it as such, if you know how to
do it, but honestly, I wouldn't know why.