lwIP Windows Port NETIO Howto

Gregor Balachowski
I am trying to test the speed of the lwIP Windows Port. The stack runs correctly when I use my own echo- or webserver.

For testing the speed I do the following: When I start the stack on one machine and a netio client on an other machine by typing "netio -b 1k -t ADDRESS_OF_SERVER", it connects but I only can measure tx, and when it starts measuring rx, the client app crashes. Can somebody tell me whats my fault?

Thanks, greg.

Re: lwIP Windows Port NETIO Howto

Kieran Mansley
On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 12:09 +0200, Gregor Balachowski wrote:
> For testing the speed I do the following: When I start the stack on
> one machine and a netio client on an other machine by typing "netio -b
> 1k -t ADDRESS_OF_SERVER", it connects but I only can measure tx, and
> when it starts measuring rx, the client app crashes. Can somebody tell
> me whats my fault?

Without more information about what goes wrong, I doubt that anyone else
will be able to tell you what the fault is.  You'll need to debug it a
bit and see why it is crashing.

Windows port of lwip 1.1.1

Mumtaz Ahmad
Hi
I want to submit the windows port of lwip1.1.1 version .How can i?

Best regards

dangerous content by Streaming Networks, and is
believed to be clean.

Re: Windows port of lwip 1.1.1

Kieran Mansley
On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:40 +0500, Mumtaz Ahmad wrote:
> Hi
> I want to submit the windows port of lwip1.1.1 version .How can i?

Can you provide more details?

Ports are usually added into the contrib module by providing the
maintainer with CVS write access to the repository.  However, we will
currently only accept ports if there is someone who is willing to
actively maintain them, as we have enough problems getting the existing
ports updated each time the stack changes!

Thanks

Re: Windows port of lwip 1.1.1

Pedro Alves-6
Hi Mumtaz,

Kieran Mansley wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:40 +0500, Mumtaz Ahmad wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>I want to submit the windows port of lwip1.1.1 version .How can i?
>

> Can you provide more details?
>
> Ports are usually added into the contrib module by providing the
> maintainer with CVS write access to the repository.  However, we will
> currently only accept ports if there is someone who is willing to
> actively maintain them, as we have enough problems getting the existing
> ports updated each time the stack changes!

Did you look at the msvc6 port found in contrib?
Some time ago, I sent patches to make it build with MSVC 2003,
and the changes were quite small. I didn't push hard to
make them in, so they were never applied.

At the time, we were building a concensus that the best would be
to switch the MSVC ports to be makefile or cmake based.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves

Re: Windows port of lwip 1.1.1

Mumtaz Ahmad
Hi

Yes it was a great help . I think it needs some few changes to get compiled
on msvc 6.0 .Firstly i updated the packet driver interface with the latest
one
Secondly there was a bug probably (pardon me if its my misunderstanding) in
low_level_init function

I changed
memcpy(ethaddr,ethernetif->ethaddr,6)
with
memcpy(ethernetif->ethaddr,ethaddr,6);

Also i had to call
netif_set_up(&netif);
in the test.c explicitely

If possible i will try to compile it using makefiles or JAM files and share
it

Best Regards