lwip's lowest level read routine?

Xun Chen
Hi there,

My application requires to tag a small codes to the lowest level of read routine to monitor a private non-standard packet as soon as it arrives (I am using lwip+FreeRTOS+AVR32). preferable at the interrupt that retrieves the data from the PHY: cature the special packet and perform action immediately, but remove it from the queque so that lwip will not waste time on it.

Any pointer to such path? Thanks

Re: lwip's lowest level read routine?

Pomeroy, Marty

Typically your driver is going to pass the packet back to lwIP via a function like tcpip_input(...).  Look at it just before that, and maybe don't pass it in to lwIP.

Marty

My application requires to tag a small codes to the lowest level of read routine to monitor a private non-standard packet as soon as it arrives (I am using lwip+FreeRTOS+AVR32). preferable at the interrupt that retrieves the data from the PHY: cature the special packet and perform action immediately, but remove it from the queque so that lwip will not waste time on it.

Any pointer to such path? Thanks

Re: lwip's lowest level read routine?

Xun Chen
Marty, Thanks for your reply

tcpip_thread receives what tcpip_input posted, but who calls it? I have trouble figure it out, any pointer? thanks again

Typically your driver is going to pass the packet back to lwIP via a
function like tcpip_input(...).  Look at it just before that, and maybe
don't pass it in to lwIP.

Marty

Re: lwip's lowest level read routine?

Xun Chen
Never mind, I missed the other thread ethernetif_input

ethernetif_input calls netif->input, which is tcpip_input, set up by netif_add

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:39:43 -0400
From: Chen <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip's lowest level read routine?

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 09:49 -0400, Chen wrote:
> My application requires to tag a small codes to the lowest level of
> read routine to monitor a private non-standard packet as soon as it
> arrives (I am using lwip+FreeRTOS+AVR32). preferable at the interrupt
> that retrieves the data from the PHY: cature the special packet and
> perform action immediately, but remove it from the queque so that
> lwip will not waste time on it.

The code that takes data from the phy and handles the interrupt is not
lwIP.  It will be part of the port of lwIP to your hardware and OS.
You'll need to dig into that code to do what you want.