lwip (unix port) gets stuck in long transmission

lwip (unix port) gets stuck in long transmission

Dilip-4

Hi all !

I am using lwip unix port 1.1 on Linux (2.4.20) on pentium CPU machine.
I an using sequential api and TAP/TUN. I am having some stability problem.

The stack runs fine for transmitting small amounts of data. Sometimes I am even able to transmit data continuously in GBs in one run. However, it eventually gets stuck, usually after transmitting continuously over 100 MB of data and sometimes even earlier. It gets stuck even earlier with debug traces switched on.

On analysing the debug traces I found that some of the threads (not necessarily the same thread each time but usually the output) get blocked forever.

It appears to be a locking or thread race issue to me. But I have no clue about how to tackle this issue. I would like to know if somebody has encountered such kind of problem before. Any help or hint, specially from the experienced users would be highly appreciated. I am attaching lwipopts.h for reference.

Thanks in advance

Dilip

lwipopts.h (9K) Download Attachment

Re: lwip (unix port) gets stuck in long transmission

Goldschmidt Simon
Hi,

I can't see anything wrong in your lwipopts.h, except it's not really
configured for high speed, but that shouldn't be the source of the
problem. It rather sounds like a locking issue, indeed. What kind of
application are you using? Have you changed anything with the port or
are you using the contrib/ports/unix port?

Re: Re: lwip (unix port) gets stuck in long transmission

Dilip-4

I am using the "contrib/ports/unix port" as it is, without any modifications. I am using tunif.c and SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT is set to 1.

I am using a simple client-server application, where the server just keeps on sending and the client is only receiving in a loop(overflow condition has been taken care of). The purpose of this application is just to test the stability of the stack for long runs.

Thanks and regards

Dilip