ppp: What is the meaning of getting PPPERR_CONNECT in link_status_cb

ppp: What is the meaning of getting PPPERR_CONNECT in link_status_cb

Axel Lin
Hi,
Now I tried some different SIM cards on my device.
One of the SIM card always fails and I got PPPERR_CONNECT.
I double checked my code and settings but still don't figure out which
part is wrong.
(It works if using other SIM cards.)
Now I'm not sure which part needs to be checked.
Appreciate for any suggestions.

PS. I tried that SIM card on USB dongle and it works with the same
APN/username/password.

Thanks,
Axel

Re: ppp: What is the meaning of getting PPPERR_CONNECT inlink_status_cb

Ajay Bhargav (SiWi)

Header files are well documented. Just try to open it once:

#define PPPERR_CONNECT      6  /* Connection lost. */

I think you need to check if your APN settings are correct and if you have select right Authentication method selected. For me PPPAUTHTYPE_ANY works.

Regards,

Ajay Bhargav

Re: ppp: What is the meaning of getting PPPERR_CONNECT in link_status_cb

Sylvain Rochet
Hi Axel,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:22:58PM +0800, Axel Lin wrote:

> Hi,
> Now I tried some different SIM cards on my device.
> One of the SIM card always fails and I got PPPERR_CONNECT.
> I double checked my code and settings but still don't figure out which
> part is wrong.
> (It works if using other SIM cards.)
> Now I'm not sure which part needs to be checked.
> Appreciate for any suggestions.
>
> PS. I tried that SIM card on USB dongle and it works with the same
> APN/username/password.
Why are you not setting a trace debugger on the "chatscript" exchange ?

From here it looks like the chatscript didn't end well and you started
the PPP session whatever the chatscript result.

Sylvain

Re: ppp: What is the meaning of getting PPPERR_CONNECT in link_status_cb

Axel Lin

> Hi Axel,
>
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:22:58PM +0800, Axel Lin wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Now I tried some different SIM cards on my device.
>> One of the SIM card always fails and I got PPPERR_CONNECT.
>> I double checked my code and settings but still don't figure out which
>> part is wrong.
>> (It works if using other SIM cards.)
>> Now I'm not sure which part needs to be checked.
>> Appreciate for any suggestions.
>>
>> PS. I tried that SIM card on USB dongle and it works with the same
>> APN/username/password.
>
> Why are you not setting a trace debugger on the "chatscript" exchange ?
>
> From here it looks like the chatscript didn't end well and you started
> the PPP session whatever the chatscript result.

I figure out my stupid mistake, I have user/password swapped in my setting.
I missed the authentication failure URC and continue the PPP session.

Thanks,
Axel