running echo server on microblaze XAPP 633

running echo server on microblaze XAPP 633

bbrother
Hi,

I am trying to get the echo server XAPP 633 running on a microblaze ML402.  I got the program compiled and running with my hardware however i can't connect to it.  I am connecting it directly to a computer using an ethernet cable.  Do I need a crossover cable or a switch to connect the two?  Also sometimes the app hangs when I call

default_netif = netif_add(default_netif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, &XEmacIf_ConfigTable[0], xemacif_init, ip_input);

and when the server does get running I cannot connect to it.  I ran ethereal and the only traffic I see is the ARP request to the board but the board does not respond, I can also see the RX light flash on the board so I know it is recieving packets at the physical layer.

Any help on getting it working would be appreciated.  The code is unmodified except for the UART code since I am using the uartlite instead of the 550.  I am using the OPB ethernet MAC.

Thanks,

Brett

RE: running echo server on microblaze XAPP 633

JamminJimP
Message
Yes, you need a crossover cable, or a switch.