steps to compile Lwip !

thiyagu1989
Hello All ,

      I am really struggling to proceed further because open source and communication stack are new for me .Initially my plan is to configure LwIP and create a small application to communicate with the Hardware . As a starter , I know I shouldn't be so jealous :) . So as a first step, I am planning to compile the downloaded Lwip source in eclipse IDE with my application but I couldnt find any Makefile. I had seen the some examples but that are ported to particular MCU. Is there any one created a project with an easy application and stub Ethernet driver so that it will be easy for me understand ?
Any kind of help will be very useful for me .
Thanks in Advance .

Re: steps to compile Lwip !

goldsimon@gmx.de
Answering the mail before: of course it's possible to compile lwIP with
a makefile!

thiyagu1989 wrote:
> Initially my plan is to configure LwIP
> and create a small application to communicate with the Hardware .

I don't understand that.

>   As a
> starter , I know I shouldn't be so jealous :) .

What are you jealous of?

>   So as a first step, I am
> planning to compile the downloaded Lwip source in eclipse IDE with my
> application but I couldnt find any Makefile.

LwIP is a library, you just need to add the sources (and some include
paths) to your project. That works for eclipse projects, MSVC projects
or makefiles. Starting with 2.0.0 Beta1, we do have "Filelist.mk", which
at least provides the files as input for a Makefile. However, a full
Makefile would mean you compile into a full application (or a .so or
.a), but that is platform dependent.

>   I had seen the some examples
> but that are ported to particular MCU.

That's what lwIP is: a platform independent library which cannot be used
on its own. You need a platform port and a netif driver to work with it.

>   Is there any one created a project
> with an easy application and stub Ethernet driver so that it will be easy
> for me understand ?

In the contrib module (available on the download page, too), there are
some example ports for windows and linux/unix. Maybe that's what you are
looking for?

Re: steps to compile Lwip !

thiyagu1989
Hi Simon ,