support for VLAN tagging

jill_adelstein
Hello,
I am working on an application where I am streaming data over UDP using lwip sendto(). I do not see a VLAN Tag Protocol Indicator or VLAN Tag Control Information field in my Wireshark capture. I was wondering if there is a way to enable these fields in lwip? I am using a Xilinx zynq 7000 Ultrascale plus with the FreeRTOS bsp.
Thanks.
Jill
Jill Adelstein | Firmware Engineer | MeterSystems R&D - Boise
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc.
2350 NE Hopkins Court | Pullman, WA 99163 | 509.334.4917 | [hidden email]
SEL: www.selinc.com

Re: support for VLAN tagging

David Lockyer

Hi Jill,

You may have already figured this out by now, but have a look at LWIP_HOOK_VLAN_CHECK and LWIP_HOOK_VLAN_SET in the lwIP documentation.

You will need to write the callback functions and put the prototypes and #define mapping to them in your lwipopts.h, along with #define ETHARP_SUPPORT_VLAN 1.

Best regards,

David