udp echo stress test with LWIP - crash LWIP

udp echo stress test with LWIP - crash LWIP

Ranran
Hello,

I am using LWIP with stm32, running udp server echo in my board.
From pc I run udp client stress test.
I noticed that with RTOS lwip get crash (it even can't ping anymore,
after stopping the stress test), but without RTOS it behaves without
any issues.
Thing I tried:
1. compiled the application with speed optimization
2. changing tcpip thread priority from high to realtime.

I can't say what exactly happened to LWIP which caused it to stop
responding to ping.

Is there any idea what else we can do or how to debug this issue ?

Thanks,
Ran

Re: udp echo stress test with LWIP - crash LWIP

Mario Luzeiro
> I noticed that with RTOS lwip get crash

I had some experiences with freeRTOS, it crashed when there is task starvation or it could be some interrupt priority issues.
Where is it crashing? should be blocked somewhere...

Mario Luzeiro

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:55 AM Mário Luzeiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I noticed that with RTOS lwip get crash
>
> I had some experiences with freeRTOS, it crashed when there is task starvation or it could be some interrupt priority issues.
> Where is it crashing? should be blocked somewhere...

It's seem like only LWIP stack/threads stopped responding, it is not a
crash of freeRTOS, because everything else behaves normally.
As far as I know there is only one thread in my LWIP, named tcpip thread.